Friday, January 30, 2015

Three New Members Added to my Collection!!

Hey guys!

       As I told you in my previous post, I was waiting on three new girls to show up. Well the last one finally arrived and I am ready to reveal! So... Drum roll please!


The first new girl is.......


ADDY WALKER! 

YAY!
For any of you who are not familiar with Addy's stories, Addy is in the year 1864. She was born a slave and in her story series, Addy's father and brother are sold and Addy and her mother make the decision to runaway to freedom. I won't tell anymore than that because I don't want to spoil anything. Her stories in my opinion are the best that American Girl has released. I am so happy to have Addy! I bought Addy directly from American Girl, she is of the new BeForever line. 


I bought her old "meet" outfit as well! It was a big part of the stories so I had to have it too! 


Okay! Drum roll again! The next new girl is........



JOSEFINA MONTOYA!! 


Okay so Josefina is not technically new... you guys have seen her before! She was one of The Three Musketeers, the TLC lot that I purchased a while back (which I will eventually update you guys on what happened with the Samantha and Kirsten). When I got her, she had a chewed up arm which I replaced myself.. but after some thought, I decided to send her to the AG Doll hospital for a new head. Her eyes where very badly damaged and her hair had been burnt. Now she is fresh from the hospital and looking amazing! 



Just look at her hair!! It is soooooo soft! I am tickled pink!


I do not have ANY of her outfits yet but seriously... she makes an amazing ballerina!

I am kinda ashamed to say this, but I have never read her book series all the way through. As a child, I had no interest and now as an adult, I have not tried to read them yet. One day I will though!


Okay so this is the one that I have given NO SPOILERS for yet so I saved her for last! Addy and Josefina I have talked about their arrival on the Collectors group I am a member of but this one, no one knows about! So

drum

roll

please

while


introduce


MOLLY MCINTIRE!!


Molly is growing up in 1944 during World War 2. Her father is shipped out to war and her mom starts working. Molly must learn to make sacrifices during this wartime and that includes sharing her room with an English girl that comes to live with her family until the war is over. Molly's book series was made into a movie and it is such a good movie, I cry like... every time!


Molly may look a little nerdy with her cute big glasses but as you can see below, she is a really beautiful doll anyways! She was an ebay find, her hair was still in its original braids (the hairbands crumbled when I took them out!) and she had her full meet and accessories. I am really happy with her and I paid a REALLY great price. 




Well those are my new girls!
I really wish it was nice and sunny and warm out with beautiful colors because I want to photograph these girlies properly! I hate taking pictures inside! Spring is just around the corner! :)

You know, Today I looked up at my display shelf and I got a little emotional. I own every historical doll that was out the first couple years that I first started getting into AG as a kid. (besides Kit but she was just getting released around that time frame, she will be here one day though.) I always tell my husband that one of the biggest reasons I collect AG is because when I look at them, it brings me that happiness I felt as a child. My mom and other family gave me such a good childhood and when life get rough now as an adult, my dolls really do make things a little better. 
I think a lot of you fellow adult collectors right know exactly what I mean.


Okay guys, follow my blog for more! I am working (slowly) on two new Felicity posts!

And feel free to comment, ask questions, leave feedback, or just make chit chat! 




5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new additions! I'm totally with you, owning the original six dolls from when I was a kid was kind of a huge WOW moment for me, since I literally never thought it would be possible when I was little. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new girls are all beautiful! Congrats on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, does Josefina look good! Congrats on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new dolls! :D They all look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete